Right basement paint colors on the walls can complete the look of the area, but while choosing the color always keep in mind that the basement is a very dark area of the house so right color selection is very important. The color selection will decide whether the basement will be a new and existing room of the house or not. Some of the colors recommended by the experts are:
- Black: Usually the black color is considered for darkness but it helps in absorbing light which prevents to basement to become a depressing place.
- Red: It creates a sense of warmth and stimulates energy which is exciting for the person staying in it.
- White: It is opposite of black and reflects light, making the room look bigger and larger, but always remember that white colored walls are prone to scraping and marking.
- Orange: It has similar characteristics of red and helps in making the room lively while creating a warm and welcoming look.
- Blue: It helps in calming the nervous system and softens the bright rooms .The lighter shade helps in peaceful and comfortable environment.
- Yellow: It is a color t creates cheerful and stimulating effect in the room. Light shades help in making room feel larger.
You can use combination of basement paint colors to get a perfect look of the basement area.