The literal meaning of Interior design is designing the interior of a particular place. It is the art of renovating the interior as well as the exterior, of a room or building. An interior designer is a professional who undertakes such activities. Interior design is a versatile profession which includes developing an idea about the designing, communicating it to the client and the management and execution of the design.
The roots of interior designing can be dated back to the late 19th century. At that time, interior designing was treated as a costly affair and not all were able to take benefit out of it. But as the middle class population grew and flourished, this industry started booming. As people earned sufficient income, the desire to polish and renovate their homes started increasing. Interior designing started becoming a status issue.
However, now interior designing has become an integral part of home making. Everyone wants a home which is beautifully decorated and carved to perfection to suit their tastes and personalities. This thinking has given a splurge to the furniture and accessories industry. People have become aware about their likings and spend sizable amount of their income on interior designing.
There are plentiful ideas to decorate your sweet home. Some of them are:
- Use neutral colors for walls which reflect positive energy.
- Use lamps and lights which adds on to a cheerful mood.
- Make use of art work wherever possible. However, avoid clutter.
- Make use of modular kitchen facilities, which makes the kitchen area look neat and appealing.
- Use furniture that is sleek and fits well in the house.
- Make proper size of wardrobes and shelves, so that all the daily necessities are stored in it properly.
- Make use of light colored flooring, so that the rooms look spacious.
- De-clutter, as much as possible. Keep only those things which are needed the most.
- Make use of flowers, wind chimes and an aquarium in the living room, as it appeals to eyes and gives a soothing effect.
- Make use of proper fabric curtains and choose colors wisely.
- Try to plant small plants and trees indoors as well as outdoors. This brings in fresh air and also adds to the looks of the room.
- Place a hammock or a small swing in the patio or balcony. This place could be a perfect place to sip evening coffee or read a book.
These were some interior designing tips. Interior designing makes a complete make-over of an existing house. Though interior designing seems to be difficult, a personal touch can be added in designing the house which becomes a dream home after interior designing it.