The backyard of the house has been usually an area of the house where you keep your house all unwanted things to hide it properly. It can be converted into a beautiful backyard landscaped with the help of rock, pools, plants and other decorative items. It does not require acres of land you can create magic in 100 square feet area or even less. If you have a small backyard area which cannot be expanded outward you want expand it in the upward direction. Vertical Small backyard landscaping will create vertical space and you can easily fit your flowers and vegetables with other ornaments perfectly. Vertical plane is also best suited to those people who are suffering with back or knee pain as they need not bend too low to water plants on a daily basis.
Tiered potted style plant stand and hangers make it comfortable for the home owners to start gardening in an upward direction. You need to start a small backyard landscaping project by dividing the area into two parts as it helps in breaking up the view and gives a feeling of a larger area in the backyard of the house.
Here are a few guidelines of tips to design your small backyard landscape:
- Before starting the redesigning of the area measure the length and breadth of the entire area and bring items according to it too small or too large can distract the look.
- Select the type of soil you want in the backyard depending on the weather condition of the house. Depending on the soil you can choose the plants and small trees in the area.
- Prefer the type of plants or grass which can easily adapt to the changing environment or weather condition of the area.
- Design a small pathway between the garden to divide it into two parts which creates an illusion of bigger space and extra area in the back yard.
- Use hangers to hag plants and ceramic pots to save space and it enhances the overall appearance of the area. To maintain the growth of the plants you need to feed water regularly, which requires a well constructed draining system.
- You can use appropriate lights in the landscape to create a look which looks beautiful in the night also. Use different colors and styles of lighting. Do not choose very bright light as it can damage the plants also.
The project requires lots of time and efforts, so if you do not have, you can hire an interior designer. If you do not want to spend extra money, use your creativity and gather ideas from magazines or internet .Select the best one suited as per the available area in the backyard of the house.